Previous is an emulator for the old NeXT Computer, Inc machines namely the:
- NeXT Computer
- NeXTstation Turbo
- NeXTstation Color
From the website:
Previous is a Next computer hardware emulator. It aims to emulate a Next Cube or a Next Station with all its peripheral.
The emulator is not complete yet.
- Processor 68030 and 68040 CPUs work, including MMU for both, FPU is platform sensitive and has minor incompleteness
- Memory All memory + Mono video memory is handled + experimental color display
- User input Keyboard works, but partially bad key assignment Mouse works, but problems with losing focus
- DMA works for SCSI, MO, Memory to Memory and partially for Ethernet, with dummy for Sound and SCC
- SCSI Works
- SCSI peripherals CDROM and Hdd emulated
- Cube MO drive works, including real Reed Solomon ECC
- Timers Real time clock + 2 internal timers handled (known issues for event counter)
Currently Previous can boot up all available versions of NeXTSTEP and OPENSTEP that run on the 68000 platform.