Template talk:Nav Unix
Let's talk about UNIX.....
How about we talk about UNIX History?
Link to history chart
I thought it would be a good idea to have a link to the History of UNIX chart, on the UNIX Template, but I cannot seem to find the template. ForOldHack (talk) 07:22, 7 April 2019 (CEST)
For the record, I can place the exact time of V6 at UNIX Time sharing system, Sixth Edition, V6, may 1976
Which proves my point at having these on hand, and extremely useful. ForOldHack (talk) 09:40, 7 April 2019 (CEST)
- Yeah, that would be a good thing to link to in the template. But I wouldn't want an external link in the template, external links have a distressing tendency to go bad. You also have a number of links, not just one - we can't put them all in the template.
- Two ideas (we can use some mix of them):
- Anything we link to in a template, we should import (provided it's available in a form which allows copies to be made).
- Add a 'Timeline' section to the main UNIX article, and add a 'Timeline' link in the Unix template to that.
- Now that I think about it, the latter might be the way to go; that would kill two problems with one stone. Jnc (talk) 12:20, 7 April 2019 (CEST)