In addition to main memory on the UNIBUS, the KB11-A could also use the special high-speed MS11 Semiconductor Memory System, specific to the PDP-11/45, which plugged into a special bus, the Fastbus, which was also part of the CPU's backplane.
The KB11-A was the first of a series of PDP-11 CPUs which were modified versions of this design.
The KB11-A board set included:
- M8100 Data and Address Paths
- M8101 General Register and Control
- M8102 Instruction Register and Decode
- M8103 ROM and ROM Control
- M8104 Processor Data and UNIBUS Registers
- M8105 Timing and Miscellaneous Control
- M8106 UNIBUS and Console Control
- M8109 Timing Generator
In addition, the CPU includes either:
- M8116 Segmentation Jumper Board
used when the KT11-C Memory Management Unit is not present, or:
- M8107 Segmentation Address Paths
- M8108 Segmentation Status Registers
which comprise the KT11-C.
|v • d • e PDP-11 Computers and Peripherals|
| Unibus PDP-11s - PDP-11/20 • PDP-11/15 • PDP-11/35 • PDP-11/40 • PDP-11/45 • PDP-11/50 • PDP-11/55 • PDP-11/70 • PDP-11/05 • PDP-11/10 • PDP-11/34 • PDP-11/04 • PDP-11/44 • PDP-11/60 • PDP-11/24 • PDP-11/84 • PDP-11/94
Clones: CM 1420