DOS/BATCH is a single-user job-based operating system introduced in 1970 with the PDP-11/20.
A base DOS/BATCH system consists of the following programs:
- DOS/BATCH Monitor
- Assembler (MACRO-11)
- FORTRAN IV Compiler
- File Utility Package (PIP)
- Linker (LINK)
- Librarian (LIBR)
- File Compare Program (FILCOM)
- Verification Program (VERIFY)
- Disk Initialization Program (DSKINT)
- File Dump Program (FILDMP)
- Editor (EDIT-11)
In addition, with the introduction of the RSTS-11 extensions, DOS/BATCH can be used as a resource and time shared computer. This combination of DOS/BATCH and RSTS-11 formed the basis for the RSTS/E system.