The KB11-D CPU is the later CPU for the PDP-11/45; it differed from the earlier KB11-A CPU in that is used the synchronous FP11-C Floating-Point Processor as its optional FPP. Both that and the optional KT11-C Memory Management Unit plugged into the CPU's backplane.
In addition to main memory on the UNIBUS, the KB11-A could also use the special high-speed MS11 Semiconductor Memory System, specific to the PDP-11/45, which plugged into a special bus, the Fastbus, which was also part of the CPU's backplane.
The KB11-D board set included many of the same boards as the KB11-A CPU:
- M8100 Data and Address Paths
- M8101 General Register and Control
- M8104 Processor Data and UNIBUS Registers
- M8105 Timing and Miscellaneous Control
- M8109 Timing Generator
with the following differences:
- The M8102 Instruction Register and Decode was replaced with the M8132
- The M8103 ROM and ROM Control was replaced with the M8123
- The M8106 UNIBUS and Console Control was replaced with the M8119
In addition, the CPU includes either:
- M8116 Segmentation Jumper Board
used when the KT11-C Memory Management Unit (termed the KT11-CD in this CPU) is not present, or:
- M8107 Segmentation Address Paths
- M8108-YA Segmentation Status Registers
which comprise the KT11-CD (the M8108 Segmentation Status Registers board of the KT11-C was replaced with the M8108-YA variant).
|v • d • e PDP-11 Computers and Peripherals|
| Unibus PDP-11s - PDP-11/20 • PDP-11/15 • PDP-11/35 • PDP-11/40 • PDP-11/45 • PDP-11/50 • PDP-11/55 • PDP-11/70 • PDP-11/05 • PDP-11/10 • PDP-11/34 • PDP-11/04 • PDP-11/44 • PDP-11/60 • PDP-11/24 • PDP-11/84 • PDP-11/94
Clones: CM 1420