FP11-C Floating-Point Processor
The FP11-C was a FPP used in the PDP-11/45 and PDP-11/70 computers (the later KB11-D and KB11-C CPU variants thereof, respectively); it was program compatible with the FP11-B Floating-Point Processor, which was the progenitor of the semi-standard FP11 floating point used in many later PDP-11s.
Like the FP11-B, it operated in parallel with the main processor, so that two instructions (one floating point, one regular) could be processed at the same time; unlike the FP11-B, it used an internal clock which is synchronized to the basic CPU's clock.
It plugged into special pre-wired slots in the CPU's backplane, and included the following boards:
- M8128 ROM and ROM Control
- M8129 Exponent and Data Path
- M8126 Fraction Data Path - High Order
- M8127 Fraction Data Path - Low Order
- FP11-C floating-point processor user's manual (EK-FP11C-OP-001)
- FP11-C floating-point processor maintenance manual (EK-FP11C-MM-001)
- FP11-C Field Maintenance Print Set (MP00038)