FP11-E Floating Point Processor
The FP11-E Floating Point Processor is the optional hardware floating point unit for the KD11-K CPU of the PDP-11/60. The KD11-K provided the full FP11 floating point using microcode; the FP11-E was an option which provided considerably improved floating point performance.
- Floating Point Next Micro-Address (FNUA - M7878)
- Floating Point Exponent (FLTEXP - M7879)
- Multiplying Network (MULNET - M7880)
- Floating Point ALU (FALU - M7881)
Electrically, it connected directly to the CPU and is controlled by it; unidirectional data buses are provided to move information (including instructions) from the CPU to the FPP, and vice versa.
The FP11-E has its own microcode, 88 bits wide, to control its operation, and interaction with the main CPU.
- FP11-E floating-point processor technical manual (EK-FP11E-TM-001)