MicroVAX III personal computer VAX?
While VAXstations were VAX computers "for use by a single person at a time", MicroVAX computers certainly were NOT intended to be used that way, although that was of course possible. DEC used to call the typical usage scenario "Workgroup" or "Small Department". Vaxorcist (talk) 21:58, 1 October 2022 (CEST)
- So, fix the article! :-) (I cheerfully admit I didn't understand the difference in intended use between VAXstations and MicroVAXen- I'm not a VAX expert!) Jnc (talk) 01:10, 2 October 2022 (CEST)
MicroVAX III = disambiguation page?
The term "MicroVAX III" is the generic name of the MicroVAX 3200/3500/3600 computers, because all share the same KA650 CPU, which is the the successor of the KA630 MicroVAX II. This led to the (rarely) used name of MicroVAX III".
- Sure, making this basically a disambiguation page sounds like the right thing.
- I see we have a MicroVAX 3500/3600 page, and a VAXstation 3200/3500, but I can't find anything from DEC that talks about a 'MicroVAX 3200'? (Although a few 'outside' Web pages talk of it, but they may just be someone getting confused with a 'VAXstation 3200'.) Was there actually such a thing? I guess we will have to look carefully at the MicroVAX 3500 and VAXstation 3500, and see if they are the same thing with a display added to the VAXstation 3500. Jnc (talk) 00:03, 29 March 2023 (CEST)
- I guess there was no 'MicroVAX 3200'?
- I was just about the update it see MicroVAX III/Draft; maybe I will merge the two versions? Jnc (talk) 18:11, 31 March 2023 (CEST)