Template talk:Nav Unix
From Computer History Wiki
Let's talk about UNIX.....
How about we talk about UNIX History?
Link to history chart
For the record, I can place the exact time of V6 at UNIX Time sharing system, Sixth Edition, V6, may 1976
- Yeah, that would be a good thing to link to in the template. But I wouldn't want an external link in the template, external links have a distressing tendency to go bad. You also have a number of links, not just one - we can't put them all in the template.
- Two ideas (we can use some mix of them):
- Anything we link to in a template, we should import (provided it's available in a form which allows copies to be made).
- Add a 'Timeline' section to the main UNIX article, and add a 'Timeline' link in the Unix template to that.
- Now that I think about it, the latter might be the way to go; that would kill two problems with one stone. Jnc (talk) 12:20, 7 April 2019 (CEST)