ML11 MOS Memory System
The ML11 was a MASSBUS solid state mass storage device. Its basic format was 18-bit words (for use in PDP-10 and PDP-15 machines), but it could be used in PDP-11s and VAXen, which simply ignored the two high bits.
The initial configuration, using 16Kbx1 DRAM chips, could hold up to 4MB in 1MB increments (composed of groups of 4 storage modules); later, the use of 64Kbx1 chips expanded the maximum to 16MB. An ML11 with the former was denominated as an ML11-A; with the latter, as an ML11-B.
|000||00||MLCS1||Control and Status 1|
|010||MLCS2||Control and Status 2|
|032||011||MLE1||ECC CRC Word 1|
|034||012||MLE2||ECC CRC Word 2|
|036||013||MLD1||Data Diagnostic 1|
|040||014||MLD2||Data Diagnostic 2|
|050||MLBAE||Bus Address Extension@|
|052||MLCS3||Control and Status 3@|
@ = RH70 only, not RH11
The addresses shown are based at 0776400 for the first ML11 in a system.
- M7361 asynchronous control module
- M7362 synchronous control
- M7363 array data module
Initially, data storage was provided with M7357 boards, used in groups of four, each board holding 256KB; later, these were supplanted by M7358 boards, each board holding 1MB.
|4||M7361 asynchronous control|
|5||M7362 synchronous control|
|6||M7363 array data|
|7||M7357/58 arrray board 0|
|8-21||Arrray boards 1-14|
|22||M7357/58 arrray board 15|
- ML11 User's Guide (EK-0ML11-UG) - not available online
- ML11 Technical Description (EK-0ML11-TD) - not available online
- ML11 MOS Memory System Technical Manual (EK-0ML11-TM-002) - not available online, but in microfiche
- ML11 MOS Memory System Technical Manual (EK-ML11A-TM-003) - not available online, but in microfiche
- ML11 MOS Memory System Service Guide (EK-ML11A-SV-001) - not available online, but in microfiche