DR11-B parallel interface
The DR11-B was a parallel interface for the UNIBUS, one which used DMA to transfer data.
It was constructed from a number of smaller FLIP CHIPs which were installed in custom 4-slot backplane system unit. The extant DR11-B documentation does not show either the modules used in the DR11-B, or their locations in the backplane, so that information is given here.
The modules are:
- M112 - 10 x 2-input NOR gates
- M113 - 10 x 2-input NAND gates
- M116 - 6 x 4-input NOR gates
- M205 - 5 x 'D' flip flops
- 2 x M208 - 8-bit buffer / shift-register
- M239 - 3 x 4-bit counter/register
- 2 x M611 - High speed power inverters
- M796 - UNIBUS Master Control
- M7821 - Interrupt Control
- M7219 - Bus Interface
|4||UNIBUS Out||User connector||M116||M239|
Connection to the user device is via either a pair of M957 Split-Lug Cable boards, or via an M9760 (dual) Twisted Pair Cable Connector board. The M9680 (dual) board is a loopback test board, which can be inserted in place of the user connection board(s).
Power comes in on a single-width stub card in the A3 slot (as is canonical in the PDP-11/20 generation of PDP-11).
|v • d • e PDP-11 Computers and Peripherals|
| UNIBUS PDP-11s - PDP-11/20 • PDP-11/15 • PDP-11/35 • PDP-11/40 • PDP-11/45 • PDP-11/50 • PDP-11/55 • PDP-11/70 • PDP-11/05 • PDP-11/10 • PDP-11/34 • PDP-11/04 • PDP-11/44 • PDP-11/60 • PDP-11/24 • PDP-11/84 • PDP-11/94
Clones: CM 1420